Saturday, March 10, 2018

Catching up - What did I miss ?

Its been a while, for one I realised that I was only blogging to myself and that not many people were actually reading it, then I wanted to show a colleague at work my latest travels but didnt have a blog entry to show them!

Anyhow......... what I missed
February trip to Singapore
October visit to Lisa's house
Kittens !
Stuff at work
August trip to the Carolinas and Georgia with an Eclipse thrown in
new chickens

Your're noticing that there isnt work on the house in that list - too much time travelling
In reverse order then..

Chickens

I came down one morning to find my lovely happy garden of assorted misfit chickens had all been killed by a fox, such cheerful characters all snuffed out, Blossom and Marigold had survived a fox a few years earlier but not this one..

New chickens are all hybrids, physically strong but not strong on character, the 5 of them (I have 5 because I went out to get 4) had to rely on poor Leela to communicate to them how the cats and the chickens interacted.
Considering they are different species they understood each other fairly well- the cats ignore the chickens and the chickens ignore the cats is what Leela was trying to teach them, I think she did a good job overall and the new birds settled in to a life of toddling about the garden and generally digging everything up .




No comments:

Post a Comment