Friday, August 5, 2016

What, No scenery?


Al and I spent a nice time in the lounge eating a full English breakfast and drinking coffee, ambling to the gate we bemoaned the fact that we would be loaded on a bus and driven what feels like halfway round the airport to the plane....... There was a bit of screen peering and mumbling when Al handed over his boarding pass and the lady gave him a new one. Ah.. I thought, he's been moved, I hope they move me as well or there will be limited conversation on the flight over. When it came to my turn I found out that there was indeed going to be limited conversation because we had both been upgraded to First class. This happened to me once about 10 years ago and I have turned down a couple of upgrades so this was the first time for Al and the second time for me!!!



I didnt get to take full advantage because I slept for a good 5 hours of the flight but I remember waking up to see Al had the beef for lunch and waking up to someone laying a quilt over me which was nice. gin count 1 champagne count 1  


The locks
The locks arent like ours where you jump off the boat and wind them open with a handle, a bit of a bigger scale... they even have a fish ladder where the salmon can climb upstream (no not literally) because the dam blocks their way.








No comments:

Post a Comment