Sunday, July 31, 2016

End of the chapter

 It has been on  my mind for a while that I should leave my job and start work on my bucket list, truth be told I should have left a couple of years ago but circumstances dictated that I stay on and continue to earn a crust to support Al and make sure we were financially stable. Even though not one of the designer sunglasses wearing, German car driving genre I have had a good year, done a lot of work and was satisfied that it was time to move on...........

It was touching the last lesson at school, one of my Y10 classes who walked up in a line to sheepishly pass cards and gifts and a card from a girl I hadnt taught for a couple of years which made me cry. I am not sure half of those listening to my speech who were recruited in the last 3 years had the faintest idea who I was but I said my piece, collected my bag and closed the chapter.


Quite by chance a job came up at another school not too far away and I got it, its a similar sort of school but with smaller classes, more prep time and a 6th form tutor group, given the advantages it would be rude to grumble about having to buy your own planner and no free food on TD days!

 I have been going into the new school on some of my days off for a few weeks before the end of term so I can hit the ground running in September, its a nice place with a good sense of fun so it will do me good to get a different perspective on teaching, having said that I will probably be in tears at the end of the first day!





1 comment: